These are some of the things I found around the web this week that boosted my creativity, or simply made me smile. (Hot men reading books are included!).
* Daily Dishonesty is the awesome blog by letterer Lauren Hom, with daily ‘lovely little lies’
* This SNL sketch set in Brooklyn is hilariously tackling gentrification; “You’re acting like someone put gluten in your muffin!”
* How pretty are these gold-plaited triangle leather necklaces? Handmade in Norway by Gmalou Designs found via Uncoverly
* Keith Yarling manages to grasp American Consumerism in his desolate, sad, haunted but all together gripping pictures. Where are all the people that apparently “need” all this stuff?
* Another great illustration blog is by Josh Lafayette. How he stays motivated to posts daily is one of the topics he talks about in this lovely interview.
Twitter find: Just as the Kinfolk Magazine itself, their twitter feed is filled with pretty pictures and interesting articles!Instagram find: Because it’s brilliant and screams LOVE this pre-Valentinesday: Hot dudes reading books
Pinterest find: YKRA (manufacturer of some amazing canvas bags) has a fun collection of architecture, design, patterns and outdoor pictures!
That’s it for this week, enjoy your weekend!