Ok so I am not into tattoos, real or temporary ones. Nor do I have children who would enjoy a temporary tattoo. There are a couple of reasons why I find Tattly, a designstudio for temporary tattoos, pretty damn amazing though, here’s why:
1. When you scroll down through Tattly’s about page, you’ll find just the right cheesy completely irrelevant but oh-so sweet comment right at the bottom of the page: ‘P.S. You really look great today! love Tattly’
Ah yes. Compliments are always a good idea.
2. Founder of Tattly is Tina Roth Eisenberg, who is a pretty busy lady across the interwebs. She blogs about design and cool finds over at Swissmiss, organises a monthly lecture series called Creative Mornings, and runs the online to-do tool Teuxdeux. I admire creative people who set-up different projects because they can, or feel the need to, and Tina is bit of a personal hero for me in that regard. (read this or watch this to learn more!)
3. Tattly offers a subscription box for 3, 6 or 12 months. Ah yes, I love a good subscription box (remember this one?). Every shipment has 10 tattoos, including pre-released designs and old favourites. They come in a cute canvas pouch, too.
4. Started because temporary tattoos were once badly designed, Tattly works with professional artists, who get a cut of every sale. That must be pretty cool to have your designs beautify body parts, across the world (they are sold in over 1000 stores in 40 countries!).
5. These golden tattoos do get me doubting my standpoint on temporary tattoos, gosh these are glamorous!
I could go on about how all tattoos are printed with vegetable-based ink, how their mission-statement is spot on (“We believe that great design and art can make people happy”) and how they have a company dog and a (toy) company chimp. Pretty amazing right?