*Or one of the other paper trophies, if you find the gorilla a bit too scary or you live in a tiny house.
Berlin-based designer Holger Hoffman was tired of putting the same old 2d art on his walls. He set out to create the classic safari trophy DIY kit. With the pre-cut and pre-folded paper, and some glue, now anyone can add some wildlife to their interior.
10 reasons why you are going to want this:
1.) It’s a life-sized (!) gorilla, do I need to say more? Put him in your living room, or bedroom, or bathroom.. (though that is probably not recommended)
2.) You can go back to those long-gone days of fiddling around with glue and glueing everything in sight onto your tabletop. To refresh you gluing skills, each package contains a training sheet you can use first. Cute!
3. It’s a beautiful minimalistic cubic design, and, as Holger puts it: it has “an extravagant elegance”.
4. There are over 80 colour combinations available. Or get one in white and get your DIY on.
5. There are only 10 gorillas made available, and only 4 left.. It doesn’t get much further away from the usual Ikea art does it?
6. Your kid/cousin/grandchild (of any age) will love you forever when you show up with a gorilla; and it’s such a fun and easy enough project to do together.
7. The end product is solid enough you could even wear one as a mask for your next halloween party!
8. It all looks very complicated and impressive, but there is zero math needed from your side. It’s simply gluing the numbers together (but your friends do not need to know this).
9. All the paper used is high-quality 220g/m2 FSC certified paper and is sourced from German manufacturers.
10. Because I know you felt a pang of jealousy, seeing Holger chilling with his gorilla just there.. And not only because he came up with this brilliant design. That could be you right there!