* Some good old marketing campaigns gone wrong in the old days that made me chuckle. Of course people come in with 299 bananas, silly beans.
* Feeling gloomy? Watch this (yes it’s incredible tooth-aching sweet, in a good way though, right?)
* “The back-to-school feeling we enjoy while shopping for stationery expresses our desire for control and independence” is one reason given in this article to explain ‘Why grown women really festishise stunning stationery‘. Well excusez-moi, don’t mind if we do, do, do, do!
* How cute is this button of a mobility scooter with a red basket? Handmade by Faith Ann Givings, and available on Etsy.
* “My editor asked me to try all the sex stuff from Fifty Shades of Grey in one weekend.” Intrigued? Go!
* This week I started a little lettering project on my Instagram account. 1. Because I love a good creative project 2. I’d love to become really good at lettering, Lauren Hom good, ultimately. And 3. Because creating an image serie is a real traffic booster, apparently. Come chuckle at my silly first attempts and follow me while I clock in 10,000 hours to becoming a lettering genius!
Twitter find: If you need some pretty handmade goodness to lighten up your twitter feed, go follow Brett from Iamthelab.com. He’s an advocate for the modern maker and has a great way of grouping gorgeous handmade items together.
Instagram find: Alexis Winter (from Open Me If You’ve Had A Shitty Day fame) is one hard-working illustrator. She shares her work, as well as behind-the-scenes of how she is doing business at trade shows on her instagram. Like!
That was all for this week. Enjoy your weekend!
ps: As I am working on some new (very exciting!) projects, I will no longer be able to update GIGOT on the weekends. But, you can follow me on let’s say, Twitter (I only tweet pretty things!), or Instagram where I’ll be #letteringaway 24/7.. And you know it’s Mindful Monday again before you know it!